Wednesday 21 November 2012

Bio 11: Fungi

In biology 11 we're currently studying fungi because we live in BC we are very privileged and can easily find half of these fungi in our backyards or 20 feet away. We set off to the forest by our school to explore the many different fungi around us. The ones that are toxic and the ones that are harmless. The symbiotic, parasitic ones. I like doing outdoor activities because it gives us a chance to actually go outside and explore the things we learn everyday ourselves. It instilled the images and the meaning of the organism in my mind for a long time. As we went along exploring the fungi we discovered we had to take pictures which I will in cooperate below for you to see! I will admit I was pretty scared to touch the fungi because I thought maybe I'd turn into a mushroom but it was definitely nice to go out and explore things for myself. :) Some of these photo's were taken off google.















1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! I'm glad you didn't turn into a mushroom on our trip! You connected the purpose of the trip to the class which was great. You didn't incorporate many facts from class, next time try to go through your notes (or memory) and pick out pieces of information from the lessons that you can apply to the situations we saw in real life. Things like lichen types, how they obtain nutrition, what the parts are and what they're used for. See your blog rubric (or the one I posted online) to frame your next post. Check your blog rubric for exactly what you should be incorporating into your write up for next time. Your personal response was funny as well!

    Prep of blog entry-3
    Quality of Content-1
    Personal Reflection-4
    Conventions-4
    Requirements-3 (captions for photos)
    23/28

    ReplyDelete